Manufacturing & Installation of a Custom Powder Coating System
The following equipment was incorporated into the design of the powder paint system. The line speed was 8 fpm and the part size was 50" x 96" x 17" :
- 8-Stage Stainless Steel Washer with Plate & Frame Heating System, oil removal equipment, and filtration system.
- 15,500 cu.ft. elevated Combination Dry-Off and Cure Ovens.
- 930' variable speed Unibilt Square-Tube Overhead Conveyor System
- 1,200 sq.ft. environmentally controlled Environmental Room
- 400 cfm Air Compressor with air receiver, refrigerated dryer and filtration module.
- 60' long elevated post cure Cooling Tunnel
- Installation of customer supplied PLC controlled Powder Booth
- Installation of customer supplied Reverse Osmosis and Wastewater Treatment System, 7 gpm
- 2-wheel spinner hanger Blast Machine and dust collector
MONTERREY, MEXICO - A power generation producer of electrical enclosure components for world-wide markets, planned the construction of a new facility in Monterrey, Mexico. The total yearly production rate at the new facility was estimated at 12 million pounds of hot rolled steel.
HERR Industrial Inc., well known for their global capabilities, was responsible for the design, manufacture, and installation of a powder coating paint system. By teaming up with Soteim S.A., a Mexico City contractor, HERR was able to use local installation labor and in country services, while maintaining quality control over the project.
A total of twenty-two truck loads of material was shipped to the customers freight forwarder in Laredo, Texas. Despite customs clearance delays, installation was completed in twelve weeks. The system, from order placement through start-up, was completed in twenty four weeks, on-time and within budget.
This system represents the ninth project completed by HERR in Mexico to date and the seventh system overall that the firm has handled for this particular customer.